By Jenny Ruiz-Ramos ’19
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring”- Marilyn Monroe
Confidence. That one word can shatter or strengthen you, yet it is not about being egotistical. Confidence is a beautiful thing for a person to possess. It doesn’t mean you are without fears or worries. It just means that you have the strength to be open to possibilities and take risks rather than play it safe and never experience anything new.
If you feel you could use some tips to improve your confidence, here are two to consider:
- Do not risk something just to receive attention.
- It’s important to know when you do take a risk that you are doing it for yourself — and not for others!
- Learn to be comfortable in your own skin.
- Self love and value is the most important thing. Each person is amazing, unique and special, and it is important to love yourself and to always take care of you!
- There are many amazing selfless people out there who constantly worry about and take care of others. While this is a great quality, you must also make time for yourself.
- Surround yourself with those you love and those who love you.
- A large part of confidence and positivity is surrounding yourself with people who support you, lift your spirits when you are down, and are always there. When you are with those you love, you are always your truest self!